Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Goodbye, April! Hello, May!

Recent addition planted at Burke Heritage Park
Sometimes life doesn’t go as planned. April’s purpose was to remind me of that. It was thirty days of misery: conflicts in personal relationships, financial worries, work-related stresses, and a host of medical problems affecting the whole family. There were some bright moments, but by far, it was the worst month I have experienced in a long time. And given the nature of many of the issues, a long stressful year may lie ahead.

By nature and by nurture, I’m a rather cynical person. Joy and optimism don’t come easily to me. Much work has been done to improve this, but it’s difficult to keep up a positive attitude on life when everything appears to be falling apart. My prayer for this month is that things take a turn for the better.